HOW TO INTRODUCE ONESELF DURING AN INTERVIEW
While appearing for any kind of Interview, students are generally asked to introduce themselves. It has been experienced that majority of students are not able to introduce themselves in a proper way. Introducing oneself to the interviewer sets up the tone for the further interaction during the interview. Following guidelines may help students in this direction:
- Personal Details:
- To begin with, a student is required to tell his/her name, age, place and state to which one belongs and family background. Next thing is to spell out the professional qualification and the Name of the Institute from where Graduated or pursuing the studies.
- Academic Record:
- Talk about your schooling and your performance at School level.
- Talk about the discipline in which one has obtained or undergoing professional qualification. Sometimes it is helpful to mention as to why one has selected a particular discipline.
- Tell about one’s competencies in the chosen discipline and the ability to make use of Computers.
- Talk about your Hard and soft skills.
- Talk about the organizations where one underwent practical training and type of work executed.
- Also informed about the project work one has undertaken and its impact/usefulness to society/Community.
- Mention about any awards/recognition obtained during course of study.
- Practical Training and Project Work:
- Talk about:
- The organizations where you have received practical training and type of work done.
- The project work you have undertaken or likely to undertake during the course of your study. Mention about any awards/recognition obtained during course of study.
- Extra Curricular Activities:
- Talk about your hobbies, other area of Interest and any prizes/recognition obtained.
Er. Rahul Singla
Training & Placement Officer
Maharishi Markandeshwar University, Mullana, Ambala.