Established in 1995, MM Engineering College was the first amongst the long chain of educational institutions under MM Education Trust (now known as the MM University Trust). Starting with 180 seats of B.Tech in the branches of Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Electronics & Communication Engineering, the College has grown manifold both in the strength of students as well as in the number of disciplines. Just as the College expanded horizontally in size, it also rose vertically, acquiring the Post Graduate courses in Engineering, Technology, Science and Humanities, attaining the peak with the introduction of Ph.D programmes in various disciplines of knowledge. Combining in its rapid growth, the twin virtues of expansion and excellence, MM Engineering College has attained the status of a premier institution of Engineering and Technology in the entire region of North India, which has also been approved by the All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE).
Students at MMEC engage in live projects where they get hands-on experience of technical activities. These projects lead to outcomes in the form of industry level projects, research findings, and innovative ideas for future development. Students, directed by faculty members holding expertise of the concerned area, learn to work in teams while undertaking individual responsibility. A number of live projects are produced every year in various departments by students at MMEC.(Best Engineering College Haryana, North India)
Department of Civil Engineering
The Department of Civil Engineering was established in 2002, as an integral department of Maharishi Markandeshwar Engineering College with the objective to produce young and dynamic graduate engineers. The department has recently signed an MOU with “Institution of Civil Engineers (India)” to facilitate the students for the smooth running of their projects and to run advanced courses.
The department has provided consultancy services to many government and non-government agencies in the areas of Concrete Mix Designs, Structural Designs, Material Testing, Soil Testing for roads and buildings, C.B.R. Tests, Traffic Census Survey, Road Roughness Investigations, Design of Flexible Pavements using Benkelman’s Beam etc.
- The department focuses on providing undergraduate courses and M.Tech specialization in Structural Engineering and Environmental Engineering.
- For the career enhancement of students the department is running Doctoral Degree in Civil engineering as per ordinance guidelines of the university.
- Well furnished advanced labs are available which include Hydraulics Research Labs, Transportation Lab, Concrete Lab, Environmental Engineering Lab, Computer Simulation Lab, Fluid Mechanics, Surveying Lab and Soil Mechanics Lab.
- Students are given training on software which they can execute on real time basis by giving emphasis on AutoCAD, STADD Pro, Primavera Contractor, Estimators, ArcGIS and SAP.
- Special Abroad Technical tour is organized for the students in order to impart better understanding and implementation of the course.
- In order to have better understanding of plotting of terrain topographic sheet, Survey Camp is organized after completion of the second year where students learn about advanced equipments like Total station and Theodolite.
Department of Mechanical & Mechatronics Engineering
The Department of Mechanical & Mechatronics Engineering is one of the largest and oldest departments at M. M. Engineering College. The department offers B. Tech. in Mechanical Engineering and B. Tech. in Mechatronics as well as M. Tech. Manufacturing Systems and CAD/CAM. The department also offers Ph.D. in major thrust areas of mechanical engineering.
- Our department has very rich strength of faculty and has expertise as per the subjects of course curriculum with an extensive experience in teaching and industries.
- The primary focus of department is to provide industry oriented courses through the systematic up-gradation of course curriculum.
- The department has the state-of-the-art lecture theatres and tutorial rooms as well as fully equipped laboratories and workshop facilities for extended hours. Also, a good range of software for emerging areas of mechanical engineering is available.
- We organise industrial visits on regular basis for students in reputed core companies of mechanical engineering.
- The department takes major initiative to enhance the skill sets of students by encouraging them to conduct diverse live projects such as “All-Terrain Vehicle”, “Hybrid Go Kart”, “Electric Solar Vehicle”, “Robotics”, “Solar Urja Lamp” etc.
- We provide hand-on training to students on various setups such as “Automobiles”, CAD/CAM”, “CAPP”, “Submerged Arc Welding”, “CNC WIrecut EDM” etc.
- Our students have achieved positions in various competitions like SAE BAJA, National Hybrid Vehicle Championship, Electric Solar Vehicle Championship and Ultra Golf Kart Championship etc.
Department of Electrical Engineering
The department is one of the first departments set up in MMDU in the year 1995 and rightly claims to be a center of excellence in the field of electrical engineering by producing professionals who excel in Innovation, Entrepreneurship, Creativity and Management.
The department runs UG, PG and PhD programs to cater to the ever challenging needs of technical excellence in all areas of electrical engineering.
What makes us different?
- The labs are equipped with sophisticated equipment and have been designed to simulate the Industry exposure. A simulation lab has been established and also has modernized control system and electrical drives lab to serve the research needs of its UG and PG students.
- PSCAD software has been installed for providing much needed real-world perspective on power system and electrical machines problems.
- The department is renowned for its expertise in research and consultancy. Its prime focus research areas are power system and power electronics using advanced simulation tools and renewable energy.
- In addition to this, the department has established two societies “Resonance” and “Renewable Energy Club” for all round development of its students.
Department of Computer Science & Engineering
The Department of Computer Science & Engineering at MMEC Mullana came into existence in 1995 to provide quality education & training in the field of Computer Science & Engineering. Since its inception, the CSE department has contributed in various research works and has been consistent in imparting Quality Technical Education.
- The Department offers B. Tech and M. Tech programmes in Computer Science & Engineering. The Department has an active Doctoral programme and committed to foster creative and innovative research in various field including Cloud computing, Image processing, Network Security, Database and Information system and computer networking.
- The Department has state-of-the-art infrastructure and well maintained High-end Computing Labs, Software Engineering Labs and Research Lab.
- The experienced and highly qualified faculty has strong research-oriented inclination, which helps them to impart quality technical education and exposure to the students. Collectively, the list of achievement and awards received by the faculty include research publication in peer reviewed International journal, patent and copyright.
- The Department provides exposure of Live Projects in emerging technologies like Mobile Apps development and Big Data and Analytic that provides an ideal platform for excellent professional Software Developers, IT-Managers and Computer Engineering for the IT -Industry.
- After the completion of the course, the students are competent to enter the Global IT- world as well as the fields of Research & Development at prestigious institutions in India and abroad.
- Leader in providing our students the best opportunity in major companies like Infosys, Tech Mahindra, Capgemini, KPIT, Click Labs, Code brew Labs, Unisys, Hexaware and many more.(Best Engineering College Ambala Haryana)
Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering
The ECE Department at MMEC Mullana came into existence in 1995 to provide quality education & training in the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering. Since its inception, the ECE department has contributed in various research works and has been consistent in imparting Quality Technical Education.
- The Institute utilizes its state-of-the-art infrastructure and facilities to the fullest to provide best learning environment to the students. The facilities include Wi-Fi Campus, air-conditioned ICT equipped lecture theaters, and Computer Labs with all the latest industry orientated software like VHDL, MATLAB, Xilinx, VisSim, LABVIEW, MULTISIM etc.
- The experienced and highly qualified faculty at the Institute has strong research oriented inclination, which helps them to impart quality technical education and exposure to the students. Their expertise aims to play pivotal role in development of budding Engineers and emphasize on critical thinking.
- The department maintains a great rapport with industries and R&D organizations. The department has an MOU with AICTE-BSNL under “Employ-ability Enhancement Training Program (EETP)” and has collaboration on “Virtual Labs” with IIT Delhi. Department has established “Center of Excellence” in collaboration with National Instrument Company (NIC), Bangalore. These collaborations have created ample opportunities in various Public sector undertaking like BSNL, BEL, DRDO, ISRO etc.
- The department has been arranging various academic refinement activities like National Conferences, Short Term Courses, Faculty development Programs, sponsored by MHRD/AICTE/ISTE. The department is also the Nodal center for ICT based FDP/workshops in collaboration with NITTTR, Chandigarh under MHRD.
- The department focuses on the overall development of budding engineers and emphasize on critical thinking, communication skills, creativity, ethical and professional behavior. Due to these efforts students are getting placements in core companies as well as IT companies like Infosys, Microsoft, click Labs, RRB energy, cognizant, J K technosoft, IBM, Genpact, Eclerx, KPIT, Lava etc.
- It has more than 500 publications in various reputed International and National journal and conference proceedings.
Department of Humanities and Social Sciences
- In order to foster research oriented environment workshops, conferences and seminars are organized by the department. The institute has been consistently striving to become an area of excellence for R&D activities through its industry-academia linkage.
- The major thrust areas of research of the department include Psychoanalytic Feminism, Indian Writing in English.
- The department provides world class LIBRARY enriched with e-books, e-journals and research journals, having DELNET facility which aids the students to receive the latest learning material and books of their choice.
- The Department utilizes the state-of-the-art infrastructure and language labs to enhance the skillset of the students by providing them exposure to the IT facilities like ‘Wordsworth with English’ Language Lab software.
- The focus is laid on to imbibe various personality traits such as self-confidence, punctuality and self-determination among the students.
Department of Mathematics
The Department of Mathematics at Maharishi Markandeshwar University was established in 2008. The department focuses progressive and innovative outlook towards teaching and research in Mathematical Sciences. The department offers postgraduate programmes (M.Sc & Ph.D.) in Mathematics. The main objective of the Department is to impart quality education and research-oriented atmosphere. Definite and deep stress is laid on basic mathematics and efforts are made to provide exposure regarding some special branches of Pure and Applied Mathematics.
- The department utilizes its state-of-the-art infrastructure and facilities to the fullest to provide a best learning environment to the students.
- The department organizes workshops, conferences, and seminars regularly to promote research activities among academicians and research scholars. The department has been consistently striving to become an area of excellence for R&D activities through its industry-academia linkage.
- The major thrust areas of research of the department include Scheduling and Queuing Theory, Continuum Mechanics, Fixed Point Theory, Coding Theory.
- The department has world-class LIBRARY enriched with e-books, e-journals and research journals, having DELNET facility which helps the students to receive the latest learning material.
Department of Chemistry
- The Department offers Undergraduate (B.Sc. Medical and Non-Medical), Post Graduate (M.Sc. Chemistry and Pharmaceutical Chemistry) and Ph.D. programmes. It also caters to first-year engineering, nursing, DMLT students.
- The major thrust of the department includes Heterocyclic Chemistry, Natural Products, Chemical Sensors and Bio-sensors, Single Molecular Magnet and Dye-Sensitized Photovoltaic Cells, Solution Thermodynamics, Electroanalytical Chemistry, Environmental Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Nanotechnology.
- The faculty in the department is exceptionally qualified and motivated with a strong commitment to teaching and research. All faculty members hold a Ph.D. degree in chemistry with some of them having postdoctoral experience from reputed institutes in India or abroad.
- The department offers guest lectures, conferences, seminars, summer training, best infrastructure and facilities which build the best learning environment for the students. The facilities include well-equipped labs, Wi-Fi Campus, air-conditioned lecture theaters.
- To enhance the research work, the department has a research collaboration with various reputed universities and departments. High-quality research articles in journals of international and national repute have been published by the department with multiple patents.
- The department focuses on the overall development of the students. Our main motive is to prepare the students as per the Industry requirement; hence we have designed the curriculum accordingly.
Department of Biotechnology
The Department of Biotechnology at Maharishi Markandeshwar (Deemed to be University), Mullana (Ambala) was established in 2008 to contribute in captivating and emerging area of biological sciences. The department has teaching and research facilities which encompass undergraduate (B.Tech. and B.Sc) and postgraduate (M.Tech., M.Sc and Ph.D.) academic programmes. The main objective of the Department is to impart academic training as per the current industry and research environment in the interdisciplinary areas of biotechnology.
- The major thrust of the department includes bioprocess engineering, cancer biology, metal homeostasis metabolism, nanomedicine, industrial biotechnology, computational biology and drug resistance.
- The institute has been consistently striving to become an area of excellence for R&D activities through its industry-academia linkage. The department has published high-quality research articles in various journals of international repute.
- The experienced and highly qualified faculty at the Institute has strong research-oriented inclination, which helps them impart quality technical education and exposure to the students. The faculty also holds a variety of corporate experience and exposure.
- Our focus is to prepare the students as per the Industry requirement; hence we also train our students on bio-safety, regulatory and Intellectual Property related issues in broader social context and sustainable development, Professional ethics, communication skills, teamwork skills, leadership and multidisciplinary approach.
- The Institute utilizes its state-of-the-art infrastructure and facilities to the fullest to provide a best learning environment to the students. The facilities include WiFi Campus, air-conditioned lecture theaters, and Computer Labs.
Department of Physics
- The faculty in the department is highly qualified from various premier institutes like IITs and NITs and motivated with a strong commitment to teaching and research.
- The major research areas include Material Science, Radiation Physics, Dielectric Spectroscopy, Nanotechnology and Theoretical Nuclear Physics. To enhance the research work, various research laboratories have also been installed in the department with financial support from national and international funding agencies.
- The high-quality research articles have been published by faculty in various journals of national and international repute.
- The faculty of Physics department has established good national and international research collaborations.
- The department organizes guest lectures, conferences, and seminars on current research topics in Physics.
- The department offers best infrastructure facilities such as well equipped labs, WiFi access, air-conditioned lecture theaters, which build the best learning environment for the students.
(Engineering College Ambala Haryana)
I’m not easily impressed. . . but this article is impressing me! 🙂
Great blog! I am loving it!! Will be back later to read some more.