A key division of the hospitality business, hotel management has several employment opportunities. Furthermore, with globalization growing all across countries, the hotel management industry is becoming international. As the owners of a chain of hotels are coming up with new properties in big and small cities, the need for skilled hotel management experts continues to rise every day. Hotel Management is the most sought-after career and professionals need to keep their cool in the trickiest situations. With the increase in the tourism industry in the country lot of top private hotel management colleges in India are up-and-coming.
Hotel management currently is among the top courses for students when they are looking for pursuing simple graduation after finishing their 12th. India is one of the most favorable tourist destinations and the government of India is encouraging and extending financial help for the growth of these industries. Hotel management college in Haryana is also attracting students from all across the nation by offering quality education.
The constant demand for hotel management experts has given rise to some of the best private hotel management colleges in India. Apart from its charm and fascination, a profession in hotel management is becoming rewarding and exhilarating, with an alluringly large number of students to go for it. To meet up the growing demand there are several upcoming hotel management colleges in Haryana as well.
Eligibility criteria for a hotel management course
- A 10+2 qualification is mandatory for a hotel management course. A student can opt for a diploma, certificate, or a degree course depending on the time you can devote and your affordability.
- Certificate courses are of 6 months, diploma of 1 year 6 months and the degree course is of 3 years.
But not every top Hotel Management institute conducts an entrance exam. For example, the Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology program or the Three-Year full-time regular course BSc in Hospitality & Hotel Administration offered by MMICT & BM (Hotel Management) does not conduct any Entrance Exam and students can get admission on the basis of their class XII marks.
As the demand and competition for hotel management professionals are growing there are numerous job options for graduates in hotel management. As we know the hotel has several departments like Operations, Food and Beverages, Front Office, Accounts, Sales and Marketing, Maintenance, complete Security, etc. one has a choice to opt for a career choice as per their preference and profitably grow in it. Top Hotel Management Institutes like MMICT & BM (Hotel Management) are offering professional education in the field of Culinary and Hospitality Sector in the form of degree courses, diploma courses and an MSc in Dietetics & Nutrition as well. Doing a 3-years program in Hospitality sector or in Hotel Management gives unique opportunities to the students to understand this industry deeply and get ample exposure that will take them to newer heights of success in career.
What are good options for a fruitful career in Hotel Management?
Some of the fruitful career options in Hotel management are becoming a chef, event manager, hotel manager, catering manager, accommodation manager, client relations to name a few. Despite the jobs in the restaurants or hotel chains the hotel management graduates can also opt for hospitality services in several multi-national companies, guest houses, resorts, catering areas in railways, armed forces, banks, and shipping companies. Kitchen management in canteens of schools, colleges, club management, and factory units is also a good career option. They can also have their setup and open up a restaurant and become an entrepreneur. MMICT & BM (Hotel Management) has maintained high success rate in campus placements as their students are handpicked by Hotels, resorts, fast food chains, restaurants, etc. There is a course offered by this institute – BSc Food Science (Hons) specialisation in Food Technology which trains the students to set up their career as a Food technologist, Nutritional therapist, Product/process development scientist, Quality manager, and even as a Technical brewer.
Students should keep in mind following points while choosing their hotel management course or institute –
- Choose one of the top academic institutes with food industry linkages so that students can gain the benefit of industry-specific study programs
- Make sure to check the campus placement records of the institute. Pay attention to the packages received by the previous batches
- It is better to choose an institute that offers both graduation as well as post-graduation study programs along with diploma and certification courses
- Check the credentials of the faculty and the infrastructure offered to students
- Ranking of these institutes also matter a lot. For example, MMICT & BM has been ranked 2nd in the category of ‘Excellence’ as per 2019 Hotel Management Institute survey conducted by GHRDC CSR
- Choosing an institute that maintains stronger industry-academia interface and regularly organizes workshops and trainings in soft skills for the students to improve their level of competence
Hotel Management is one of the most lucrative and glamorous options to begin your career in. The salaries paid to interns may not be very high but when you are handpicked by a leading hotel management brand; there are endless chances to grow and your salary packages are higher than other industry counterparts. Once you are over with your diploma or a degree course in hotel management, you can enter into the industry as an intern and then be engaged in different posts after finishing the training. The salary of a hotel management graduate starts from INR 5 to 6 Lakh per annum and continues to grow as you keep gaining experience, and expertise in the field.